Monday, October 15, 2007

Moving to Brooklyn was no trivial decision. Until now, Brooklyn represented endings, some good, some painful: No more of the exciting Manhattan life, no more quick commutes to work, no more paying ridiculous amounts of money for rent, and an ending to a relationship on the rocks.

Thank God there is a sort-of make-shift family that has adopted me here. Perhaps sensing I may be feeling somewhat isolated (we never speak of such things), Rob insisted I throw a housewarming party. And being the matriarch of this family, his endorsement of the event guaranteed its success. Weeks ago he started to round the troops, as did I, to attend. The guest list grew to a point where I actually decided to have the event catered. Rob and friends spent the weekend here to help prepare, and to help me explore Brooklyn nightlife. That’s when the family starts to work.

A great time was had by all, and those that showed up were the cream rising to the top: People brought with them plants, wine, cards, and – most importantly, cheer and encouragement. People from all walks of my life had a tremendous time together.

If “diamonds are forever” than I have to say there was 20 carats of it in that place.

Now it's time for beginnings.

















A sampling of my finest attendees (left to right, top to bottom): Lisa, John, Joe, Rob, Anthony, Garret, and Mary

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?