Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Last week was the anniversary of our nation’s birth; and with that came the inevitable afterbirth. . . Mom and dad flew in to see New York’s fireworks, the world’s largest, go off over the east river. The evening started out with rain, which let up for the fireworks. The moisture in the air kept the smoke low which meant we couldn’t see anything except a bright ball of grey. We were on Roosevelt Island in reserved seating with a bunch of families with screaming kids and old fogies without alcohol. Ugh.

I know my parents are getting old when they both announced they “loved it and would do it again next year.” I protested. There’s no fucking way I’m stuck out on some remote island with the only way of getting home being that fucking cable car used in one of the Superman movies. They are getting old.

Looking at myself in the mirror lately I’ve been finding more and more grey hair. WTF. THEY are not just getting old, I AM; and jaded, AND intolerant, AND crabby.
Well, this 4th has welcomed me to the beginning of my mid-life, eeer, whatever

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?