Thursday, June 21, 2007

While I would like to think I do nothing but rub elbows with fashion’s elite, the day-to-day activities of my job are not so glamorous. I have more management responsibilities here and the boss is not all that impressed with the people that work for me (she’s not too wide the mark on a couple of them, and she warned me of this). I’m getting pressure to increase the quality of their work.

At the end of the day I’m expected to have some fact-based insights on our customer portfolio with this team. The data warehouse is totally fucked and navigating it requires some teeth extraction. But I’m getting my sea legs, knowing the people, and have begun to get into the job.

To make a long story short, I’m beginning to be a bitch to the people that work for me. I’m getting sick of the lack of progress and their misinterpretations of my advice. At the end of the day, I think some are lazy. My sweet side has turned. They don’t realize that if they worked with me I would be their greatest ally: Alas, they have chosen the path of pain.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?