Saturday, April 21, 2007

FUCK YOU AND FUCK OFF

In a company full of melodrama, I should not have been surprised that they would come to shock me again; this will be the last time.

I was basically bribed in to staying with the promise of a $200k+ salary; and it was with guarded optimism that I accepted their money and promises of management changes. Did they really understand what they were offering me? What would the details look like? When will I get this in writing?

They waited two weeks and finally came back with some modifying details, the most dramatic of which being that they would not pay me the raise in salary, but in bonus. In fact, they would prefer to pay me in company equity (private equity, which is worthless) but were good enough to leave that choice up to me.

I was LIVID. I was assuming the salary change meant I would become and SVP, which, in addition to the salary, entitles me to equity. They also had the nerve to tell this to me two fucking weeks after their verbal counter offer, AND after I told the company that previously made me an offer that I was going to stay put. . . . they waited until I had no negotiating power. These shady, slimy mother fuckers can take their money and shove it up their ass.

Fortunately, I’d never stopped the recruiting engine. Further interviews had, coincidentally, provided me with another offer that would enable me to immediately tell this company to FUCK OFF that same day.

In a short e-mail I wrote:

---------------
"Subject: resignation

After much thought about the evolving counter-offer, I've decided to leave the company after all. At the end of the day, it’s not about the money.

Attached is my letter of resignation. My last day here will be May 1st. "
---------------

And then someone else in the department (who I helped to find something) quit the same day. With one person quitting after the first two weeks, another being fired a few weeks ago, and the two of us quitting this week, that’s pretty much the demise of the department.

Many thought it was some sort of coup, but really they fucked themselves by treating us like inmates in a prison camp. With all the nefarious management and underperformers sticking around and all the rest of us leaving, water is seeking its own level.

And that, as they say, is that. The CEO, like a small child, is not talking to me. If he needs something from me he asks other to talk to me about it.

Thank God I’m out of that shit hole.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?