Thursday, March 08, 2007

Work, seemingly, has dominated my life, from my bosses’ fouling the relationship between the company and me, to my starting the search for a new job. But I’ve nonetheless found some time to enjoy life.

I’ve been to see the opera Eugene Onegin, which could quite possibly have been the worst thing I’ve seen at the Met. Yes, the guy who is if awe of the mere presence of the place has to say this was one of the most uninspired things I’ve seen in quite some time. And the fault, I have to say, was the reigning diva, Renee Fleming, who had a cold that night. How did I know? They actually came out and announced it and asked us for “our understanding” as she continued the performance. I suppose this was in light of recent booings. Quite honestly, they should have put the understudy in because her ailments had rippled out to the rest of the cast.

That notwithstanding, Gregg came in and I took a rare departure from the operatic world to Broadway, where we saw “Journey’s End”, an intimate look at a battalion on the brink during the Great War. It was a riveting piece of theater and have to say both Gregg and I immersed ourselves in it. For those who haven’t seen this play, they definitely should get tickets to see it.

And then there was, of course, simply hanging out with Gregg, horseplay, drinking, staying out all night, and having fine meals. All in all, it was fun (notwithstanding the fact that I was coming down with an awful sinus infection which I tenaciously fought with all kinds of over-the-counter medications).

Things are better now, in every sense. I’ve had some fun, I’m trying to remedy the job situation (there’s a long road ahead, I think).

And that, as they say, is that.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?