Monday, November 06, 2006

Help!

It’s finally the day of reckoning for this godforsaken government of ours. Unfortunately, the way my state votes is not surprise: We’re as blue as the day is long. Nonetheless, it still feels good to at least have 1/300,000,000 of a say in the way things will pan out. It’s probably no secret which way I will vote. These Bush years I blindly vote a straight Democrat ticket (but I figure I vote in the primaries, which exercises some discretion).

The Republicans seem untouchable. No matter how much the they fuck things up, my fellow Americans vote them in. . . first time first time, shame on you, second time shame on me, THIRD TIME, dear God is there life in North America, and so why not a fourth? WTF.

If you can’t tell, a sense of hopeless has fallen on me. I do not put it past my stupid, fellow Americans to vote the country’s most despicable human beings back into office, bastardize our constitution, continue with the war-mongering, and the further suppression of human rights. Perhaps the Republican will win the next presidency by dissolving the Judicial Branch in the name of 9/11. This due process thing is really in the War On Terror’s way. What is up with these myopic reds?!

Speaking of which. . .

Last weekend I took a road trip to Mt. Vernon, Washington’s home. I learned he was offered to be “president for life”, King of the US. He refused it because he wanted to ensure there was a peaceful transition of power and a healthy democracy here. I doubt Bush would have such integrity and strength of character.

What would our country look like now if he had said “yes”?

Comments:
Happily, I'm reading your post after the House was taken and Rumsfeld resigned. Doesn't it feel good to be mistaken this time?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?