Monday, October 02, 2006

When I'm goin', I'm goin like Elisi!!!


Rob, someone who I sing Liza’s “Old Friends” song with on a regular basis, hit the big 40 last week. And with friends in Westchester, Manhattan, and Jersey, the central location to celebrate at was my place on the Upper East Side. So my weekend was obsessed with planning, cooking, preparing for this epic birthday. I spent Friday shopping, Saturday decorating and Sunday morning cooking for the guests. We cooked a dozens of appetizers, food, and dozens of drinks to commemorate it.

Thank God for the preparation because at its height, there were about 20 – 30 people here. We had a ball.

The party collected some of the best folks the New York area had to offer. All races, creeds, colors and ages came out for the occasion –Polo Ralph Lauren designers and filmmakers, to simple folk like myself, we had a ball. Nothing like a couple of gallons of Vodka, beer, wine, and whiskey to grease the wheels, too. All friends, old and new, had a great time.

There are few other occasions that brought together a group that universally loved each other. How did we meet, who knows. But as they say: “You gotta ring them bells!”

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?