Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Release the Kraken!!!!

So things at work have picked up and have to say that I’ve finally been given the authority to get things done dealing with the compensation and attrition problems I’ve been charged with. This has been a year-long battle intersects with scheduling optimization, barbaric VPs and the like.

So I’ve been consumed by this for the last year and getting people around to the fact that if you pay people more, you will have a more efficient workforce and higher profits, has been an mammoth battle. Higher pay, if properly designed, will keep jobs in the US and give you higher profits. You don’t know how foreign this is to the current mindset. It’s taken me working here for a year with 5 years prior experience in human capital issues, a professor from Columbia, and graduates from Georgetown, Harvard, and Columbia to to give way.

Thankfully, the CEO of our company is now giving me air cover and that these things that have or have not been working are all under his close watch.

If you recall the movie the “Clash of the Titans” the phrase “Release the Kraken!!!” reminds me of who I am and what I’m charged to do. Yes, the Kraken is me and I have to do battle with the luddites in the field on issues held dear to all our hearts.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?