Sunday, August 27, 2006

This has been an interesting week. I’ve recently started an on-line dating thing, which in the gay community is basically a venue for no-strings-attached (NSA) sex. Is this a new low? Probably. But damnit it’s the digital age and I’m not getting any younger.

And it was my birthday on Friday. People at work seemed to be the only ones to make a big deal out of it. . . Rachel and Mary brought in cupcakes and sang “Happy Birthday” to me. Aside from a dinner at Carmine’s with some friends. I'm really not into celebrating my birthday much. . . mostly because I always forget everyone else's and I don't want to be a hypocrite, and I'm getting old. LOL

Lately, I’ve just been pretty stressed out by work. . . benefits, compensation, and recruiting are all in my shop as well as workforce management software. Compensation has daunting data demands, the “test” of weather or not the EQ test for candidates predicts attrition and performance has had relatively unstable results, and benefits changes seem like a freight train racing toward me as open enrollment enters. All this being managed with my little team of recent college graduates and a disengaged professor. And I’ve never done this stuff before.

I guess I’m just bitching, though. I’m sure things will work out somehow.

BTW friends have talked me into spending some time in P-Town so I’m going to go up there on Wednesday and spend a long weekend. Crazy. .. I’m weak, what can I say.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?