Saturday, August 19, 2006

Cruel summer

It would seem my life is crashing down around me. The one vacation I planned was to go to p-town this month. It’s since been hijacked by a bunch of ass-hole acquaintances, my psychotic ex-boyfriend, and a realization that the friends I do have there will do nothing but encourage conflict (my NYC friends are not of the highest caliber). So rather than go and be confined to deal with this for 10 days, I opted not to go.

It kills me for a number of reasons. First, I spent about $1,000 on the place we rented, second, it’s the only time that’s “me time”. Most of my other time off is spent visiting family, hosting family, seeing family, family, family, family. It was a space that I was in control of, until now. Since its now lost everything that made it nice --relaxation, drama-less, away, personal – I will throw in the towel.

All other vacations have now been cancelled, with the exception of a trip to Chicago next month. I was supposed to go to Vegas in October (with family, of course), Paris in the fall, and P-Town in the summer. Paris is just too fucking expensive right now, Vegas is – eer – family again, and p-town is now filled with a bunch of ex-b/f crazies and Jersey trash.

I guess it’s just been a bad couple of weeks. To add insult to injury, I decided to be trendy and buy an iPod. This morning I used it to go for a run. The sky opened up and it started to pour rain. . . you see where this is going. . . goodbye iPod, it was nice being trendy for a couple weeks :(

When it rains, it pours (pun intended).

Comments:
I'm dumb. What's P-Town? Providence?

Shy-town beckons for some drinks. That's my cheap, meaningless gesture of reassurance.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?