Monday, July 10, 2006

My romantic roller coaster continues. After a rather dramatic Friday night I find myself single again. My problem: I cannot seem to find someone right. Passive-aggressive doesn’t work with me. And after a day of irritation on Friday, I’d had enough. And when we went out for a couple of drinks, I exploded.

“Can I just give you my ten cents?” Rob said. “I knew it wouldn’t work from the first day. He’s too needy” He’s right. In my defense, it’s difficult to see the forest through the trees. More and more I realize that falling in love with love is playing the fool.

It’s weird not having someone around all the time. He was so imbedded into my life for this last couple of months. He practically lived here, for God’s sake. The sex was great. Now it’s gone. I can’t help but think that I made a mistake, at least momentarily. In the long-run, it was for the best. It was, at the end of the day, simply a bad match.

“I see you more with Max than him.” Rob said. God, if he only knew. But at least Max had a spine.

Other than that, nothing else is going on. Work is weird as hell. I’ve been working with mathematics and economics professors from Columbia on a number of problems. I have to say this work is more interesting than anything I did at Mercer. . . the problems in this business are totally fascinating: Real mind-fucks.

And the mice problem still continues. It’s getting kinda fun killing them, though: A battle of will that I’m determined to win. Great. . . $2,100 a month for an apartment with a mouse problem. Only in New York.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?