Saturday, April 22, 2006

NEW YORK FUCKIN' CITY--Though we are at war, human rights are suffering, genocide in Uganda, malaria in the far-east, I have found that the most productive place to put my philanthropic dollars is in the Metropolitan Opera (another phrase I’ll reflect upon in Hell).

It’s paid off. The General Manager of the Met is retiring this season. Those unfamiliar with opera should note that this is actually a great changing of the guard: The General Manager is responsible for securing the artistic talent that defines the great opera houses, none of which come close to the size of the Met. And a great gala honoring him was put together, starring the greatest divas and divos alive today. I got an invitation.

So I ordered some (expensive) tickets to this exclusive, black tie event and am happy to say that the tickets were in my mailbox when I returned from my business travels. I almost pissed on myself.

I ordered four, with commitments from my mother, Max and Rita to go. When I called my mother about it she actually screamed “Ahhhhhh! Holy Shit!”. Max was totally excited (very unlike him) saying “this is a once-in-a-lifetime event!” and promptly arranged a dinner for the four of us at the swank Café des Artistes afterward.

I can't wait.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?