Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Over the weekend I went to Philadelphia. There was really no particular reason except that Rob and I wanted to get out of town and enjoy a slower, friendlier pace of life. And with the City of Brotherly Love within an hour and a half drive, we made a run for it.

For those of you who knew me way back when, Max lived in Philly for a year and I used to go up there from Washington. Once there it was not unusual that we would drive up to New York for the weekend. So taking the train into Philly I couldn’t help but be flooded with strange memories of that relationship.

There was the time when we rented a car and Max left his work keys in the rental after we returned it. He freaked out and slipped into a state of depression, not talking to me and just staring into a wall. I was the one who simply called the rental company and got them while he sat stunned. And there was the time he freaked out because the phone rang after we went to bed – he ripped the cord out of the wall and threw the phone out the window. The list goes on and on. Suffice it to say that those were not happy times--and they only got worse once we moved in together in New York.

So in trying to get away from it all I took an unpleasant trip down memory lane. But lest I forget the pain in my life– otherwise I risk repeating those mistakes.

Thankfully there was plenty of good company, drinking and dancing. I had a blast.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?