Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Am I still in grad school?

It seems like the guests will keep pouring in this month. After EricÂ’s visit at the beginning of the month, some friends from Georgetown came up last weekend. What started as one person coming by turned into two, then what seemed like the entire Economics department was visiting. My apartment looked like a slave ship.

Most were just finishing up taking their comps, so they were in the mood to let loose. Mucof thehalcoholll from the New YearÂ’s Eve party was drunk, and the meatloaf I cooked for the week was eaten in a single day. God, IÂ’ve forgotten what it was like to be a college student.

So Saturday night I took them to my favorite spots in the Village – Rose’s Turn and the Monster. And we were also able to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Time’s Square, and the Meatpacking District. Of course, a good time was had by all. But between the eating, drinking and cramped quarters, five years were taken off my life.

All worth it, of course. But, dear God, I’m glad to be back at work – I’m no good on my own.

Now all I have to do is brace myself for my parents coming in at the end of the month. Hopefully, IÂ’ll live through it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?