Friday, December 09, 2005

This is, arguably, the weirdest I’ve ever had. I work with the CEO, am a director, and am perhaps the youngest person in an office here. I’m also doing analytical HR work, which is about as commonplace as a one-legged cat burying its shit in a parking lot. Where does this leave me?

Technically, my boss is the head of HR. But he really has no clue what I do so he leaves me alone. I have a weekly (and several impromptu) meetings with the CEO in which I get directions and feedback on my work. I have no peers. Actually I do have one peer, whose job I am taking over (along with additional responsibilities) and whose position will soon be eliminated; So you can imagine how awkward it is to work with him and get him to transfer things to me.

So, on a day-to-day basis, I’ve really got no boss. It’s good, as you may expect, but it’s also somewhat risky, you see. I’ve get no direction and have to rely on my intuition (of which I have none), asking questions (which I’m afraid to do), and sniffing around for issues for me to address (which I am too lazy to do).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?