Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Got back from Cali on Sunday. It was nice to see the parents, but I’m extremely glad to be home. . . It seemed like a non-stop long weekend of simply eating and drinking and I could use a break. (Sometime in the near future, I have to get to a point where I DON’T go home for the holidays.)

Yesterday headed up to Westchester and go out to dinner with Rob at his local watering hole, The Bayou. After four cosmos at the bar, I nearly fell off the seat getting to the table where we ate a meal (so I’m told, the night became a little foggy after). Somehow, I made the train back to the city and uptown to my apartment (I don’t know how. The night became a little foggy). I then crawled into bed and slept like the dead until today, where I was awakened to that loathsome sound –the alarm clock –reminding me the vacation that I have to work for a living.

But the holidays are not yet over, and I’ve got a party to throw this weekend for the New Year. Eric will be in from Atlanta, Neena from Chicago, and also the usual NY folks and some people from Jersey.

I’ve already planned the menu, did some shopping for it and got some decorations. All I need now is some drinks, and we’re set. I’m actually pretty excited.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?