Thursday, July 07, 2005

The last seven days seem to be particularly newsworthy and I’m beginning to see a pattern, don’t you? Kicking off the Independence Day weekend was the news that Justice O’Conner is going to retire, a decision by myself on this whole father situation, visiting my parents, and now a terrorist attack on London.

Okay, there couldn’t be any more disparate events but think of it like I do. . . .

Pride weekend was the other weekend and Justice O’Conner’s court, having just handed gays protection under the constitution, witnesses her first transgender drag queen parading down Pennsylvania Avenue in a pair of lace panties and a bullet bra and holding a sign saying “Dykes for Christ”. “Screw it.” She thinks to herself. “I really don’t want to go down in history as being the Shepard in these types of social issues.” So before departing on her summer break, she resigns. Not wanting to hand deliver her resignation to the White House, she sends her message on a pigeon living in the Romanesque columns of the Supreme Court building. After a couple of missed shots by Kerry and Kennedy en route, the pigeon finally lands at the White House. Bush does a little dance around the Oval office.

So I, traveling to the airport, hear of this news of the resignation and am frightened. Our pigeon friend is then shot dead by Rumsfeld (having entered restricted air space). I then begin to fear my flight to California would suffer the same fate. “Courage”, I think to myself and get on the plane to Nowhereland, USA to visit my parents.

Reading more and more about O’Conner over the weekend and what she meant to the Supreme Court’s balancing right and left, then going for a run in the mountains to see my parents’ neighbors’ signs from the Bush – Cheney campaign, I decide something must be done to serve as an intellectual cross-current to this right revolution now seeming to sweep America. “Children” Yes, children: The left must multiply and plant the seeds for a takeover. Must reproduce faster then the right! It was then I decide that not only do I want to help my cousin and her partner start a family, but that it has now become my moral obligation to this country to multiply. I talk it all over with my parents and decided to go for it.

The terrorists get wind of Bush’s strengthening hand with the Supreme Court nominee, but also of us tenacious American citizens’ plot to depose him through gays impregnating lesbians. A “fairy” boom, if you will. Not knowing what to do with their suicide mission – while the American Fairy Boom movement is not exactly with them, it is not exactly against them either -- they are perplexed, but ultimately decide to let the Fairy Boom plan materialize. But they need to send their eager suicide bombers somewhere. The English speak American, Right? And are the next best thing . . .

. . . to be continued

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?