Friday, April 22, 2005

Grace, class and all that Jazz

Well, this is it – the final day with the firm. Any normal person would have wanted to go out gracefully, leave in a dignified way, and with professionalism. As you well know, though, I’ve never had a penchant for any of those qualities.

Sooooo, uuugh. . . last night I went out to a bar in Uptown to meet up with someone that I met the other night who works there. I go in for “a beer” and to pay a visit. The next thing you know, I bump into an old friend of the family, Dawn, and we start drinking like there’s no tomorrow. We’re doing shots, drinking beer, and smoking cigarettes. (As you can tell, I’m already making a good impression on this guy --he may as well know what he’s getting himself into).

So it’s my last day here and I have a hangover that, if channeled into physical energy, could start a truck. I probably smell like some wino off the street or a common homeless person.

So when I have my exit interview today and deliver my constructive, well thought out feedback explaining my abrupt departure, the burning question in HR’s mind will be: “Who is this drunk to criticize this firm?”

Hah!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?