Sunday, April 24, 2005

After my debauchery on Thursday night I haven’t slowed down much. But my excuse is the parents: They were here on Friday night and it just wouldn’t be proper to see them and not have a hangover the next day. So they stayed at my apartment and we hooched it up Friday night. Saturday night was more tame (as it should be) because I had nobody to entertain and with it being butt-wrenching cold outside, I didn’t feel like traveling anywhere. But today it was more beers with my brother and parents while watching the Bulls.

All this has got to come to an end this week. I start the new job tomorrow and have to make a decent first impression on them. There was an appealing comfort level with being at Mercer: I’d staked my reputation (for better or for worse) and could generally fall back on it. No such comfort level now. I’m going to be responsible for a number of new accounts and have got to make a convincing case for my existence. If all works out, an Oscar may be coming my way.
Am I nervous? Not really. I’ve been in the business for long enough to be able to understand what’s going on. It’s just the part of building a reputation that is the hard part. If that works out, this job will be like budda!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?